Sunday 19 February 2012

Pautik

Scapa Distillery, Orkney.

I think from time to time its important to acknowledge the input of paddling mentors from around the world who have helped me on the journey. This photo kind of sums up the international element of what I spend most of my spare time thinking about and doing. Recently I have to thank the folks over at Pautik and Christopher Crowhurst at Qajaqrolls, James Manke, and Mel Hanley at Greenland Downunder for practical advice and sharing the detail about what has worked for them when learning traditional paddling and rolling techniques. Working away on my own here sometimes feels like a very strange thing to do so its good to feel part of a supportive learning community. Looking forward to the next part of the journey with my Tahe...

Pautik in the place I do most of my summer rolling practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment