Friday 23 April 2010

Everyone on the water



photo: Johnny

A lull in the weather allowed everyone in the group to get on the water for coaching this week.
The trailer stood empty of boats.

It is a chance for us coaches to work on our own skills too. I find my own understanding of what makes a basic stroke effective is enhanced by explaining it to others or listening to folk explain what they think is happening when they are paddling. 

I am missing my waterproof camera to take video for folk to self evaluate their own stroke. 
Hopefully I'll get it back from Olympus soon, repaired and rejuvenated.

We ask folk to try to develop skills in different club boats each week, so from time to time I have to remind myself that I am paddling not only my own boat that I have spent many hours in, but an ISEL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment