Tuesday 2 March 2010

The Carta Marina



Back in the day the ancestors had a lot to fear as they travelled around the busy North Atlantic between the Nordic countries.

Nowadays we count ourselves lucky to sight marine mammals and I find it reassuring when I do.
Another reason to get out there.

The Orkney Islands (Orcades).

At the moment spending a lot of time in the pool is unavoidable but I do hear myself describing how differently a sea boat behaves to those folk yet to sit in one.

I am learning different approaches to adult and junior sessions while doing my best to keep everyone active and amused. Potential future canoe polo players are obvious in the junior group...

The seas around here boil with monsters.

...but will the adults dare to brave the briny in a few weeks time?

No comments:

Post a Comment