Monday 24 May 2010

Back indoors

At the moment I am only able to get in a boat for a couple of hours at a time, so I have missed a few interesting journeys lately. However I can practice rolling and rescues and so on, and if that sounds boring, let me tell you no 2 days are ever the same.

NK prepares for re-entry.
I remember hearing or reading somewhere that Cheri Perry began her rolling in earnest since she wanted to stay close to her child on the shore and her options were limited. Since I often paddle in a similar zone with a similar outlook I am trying to make the most of it and I'm using her as a role model.

Is my boat half empty or half full?
Normally this involves practising a bit, getting cold, paddling about a bit to warm up, practising a bit more. So I arranged for some pool time in order to maximise the brain thinking time, rather than the brain freeze time, while hanging upside down and considering what is going right and what is making life difficult.

1 comment:

  1. The trouble with upside down time in the pool here is the chlorine. Somehow, even with noseclip and goggles, it seems to get to me. Brain freeze time seems mildly preferable to brain chlorination time.

    ReplyDelete